June 19th, 2022
If you love guitars and music gear in general, and have marketing qualifications or experience, this may just be the dream job for you!
Interested? Click the link to apply, or read on for the full job spec…
ABOUT KENNY’S MUSIC
Kenny’s Music is one of Scotland’s leading musical instrument retailers, with stores in Glasgow, Dundee, Aberdeen and Dunfermline. Recently under new ownership, we have exciting plans to revolutionise the world of musical instrument retail!
ABOUT THE ROLE
You will be responsible for developing and implementing a marketing plan to build the Kenny’s Music brand, resulting in an increase in engaged visitors to the Kenny’s Music shops and website.
With a love of music and musical instruments, you will get to know our customers and potential customers inside out to ensure we develop a strategy that resonates with them.
You will be involved in everything marketing-related, from social media to designing banners to managing paid ad campaigns and more.
The role would suit a driven and enthusiastic individual with a combination of creative and analytical abilities. We’re looking for someone who thinks differently and wants to get inventive with the way we engage with out customers!
- Developing an overall marketing plan based on the company’s strategy
- Managing monthly marketing budget
- Ensuring colleagues are briefed on current marketing campaigns and strategies
- Liaising with suppliers and partners to maximise co-operative opportunities
- Monitoring and reporting on progress of marketing activity
- Identifying and engaging with a wide range of potential customers in areas local to the stores
- Building productive relationships with complementary local businesses
- Arranging and overseeing in-store marketing activities such as events, signage, and displays-Overseeing production and distribution of company printed assets, such as posters and brochures
- Managing company social media accounts, including production of content
- Working with website platform provider to improve website performance
- Overseeing website content production, including blogs, videos and more, and working with wider team to develop an authoritative and friendly online presence
- Developing and implementing email marketing strategy
- Developing and implementing organic and paid digital marketing strategies, including SEO, PPC etc.
- Improving local online visibility of stores
- Developing online partnerships with influencers, forums and user groups
- Relevant qualifications in marketing, communications or related field
- A knowledge of and passion for musical equipment, especially guitars
- An ability to creatively edit images and videos for use online
- A flare for social media, in particular TikTok, Instagram and Youtube
- An ability to produce engaging, well-written blog posts, status updates and product descriptions
- A knowledge of modern marketing practices, including PPC, SEO, and CRO
- Effective communication skills
- A friendly, outgoing attitude
- Employee discount scheme
- Casual dress
- Friendly, encouraging work environment
- Being part of a Scottish brand’s growth story, and having a lot of music-related fun along the way!
Previous experience in a similar role would be an advantage but is not necessary.
This is a full-time Monday to Friday role based out of either our Dunfermline or Glasgow store. Salary will be based on experience and in the region of £17,000 – £22,000 per annum.
We’re Hiring! Marketing Exec Role Available at Kenny’s Music
We’re looking for an experienced marketer to work out of our Glasgow or Dunfermline stores telling the world about the gear we sell